Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Dryer (6 years old) sounds like I'm drying tennis

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My Maytag Dryer (6 years old) sounds like I'm drying tennis shoes when I turn it on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6-7 yr old Centennial
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. I'm a senior citizen, so not really that agile.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. Can I get the full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. MEDC400VWO
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Perfect, thank you. So this particular model is actually made by Whirlpool and sold under the Maytag name since Whirlpool now owns Maytag. Either way, if you're getting a loud noise like tennis shoes are in the dryer, it means that your drum support rollers are wearing out and need to be replaced. Below is a link to the drum roller wheels you'll need to order and replace for your model and at the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to replace these wheels on your style dryer model.

CLICK HERE for wheels and video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Tyler. Sorry i couldn't figure out how to get back to you after ordering the rollers for my dryer. I wont know if it works until the rollers arrive. Should i pay for your advice now or after i fix the dryer? Thank you for helping.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Typically you rate now since I have given you the advice and my time and you can ask follow-up question later if needed.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.