Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Subzero refrig/freezer....maybe 7 years old The

Customer Question

I have a Subzero refrig/freezer....maybe 7 years old The icemaker is in the bottom freezer. It fills and freezes ice. However, it will only dump the ice if I open the freezer door fully and then shut it... when I do this it dumps ice in 5 seconds or less (assuming it has been frozen). So everything is working fine, but it just does know it is time to dump the ice unless I open and close the freezer. I believe I get the same result if I turn the ice maker off and then back on in the refrigerator compartment (it triggers the frozen ice to be dumped). Should I thaw the freezer out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Normally that is an issue with the icemaker arm and internal switch in the icemaker. The switch gets frozen in the icemaker itself and then when you pull out the drawer you move the shut off arm up and back down again causing the switch to unstick briefly. You likely need a new icemaker to fix this issue as they do not sell parts for it, it comes as a kit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.