Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher model GSD3200GOOWW At bottom rear of tub there

Customer Question

dishwasher model GSD3200GOOWW
At bottom rear of tub there are two plastic grates . . .one near each corner. For a while now a brownish stain seems to be coming out of the grates and leaving a dry material on the bottom rear of the tub after a full cycle. Where iis this coming from and how to eliminate it?
Thank you
JANET
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Those plastic grates go down to the drain. You just need to clean out the dishwasher to prevent this staining from occurring. There is a product called Dishwasher Magic which you can pick up at Lowes or order online. Run an empty cycle without any dishes inside and put the bottle of Dishwasher Magic in as instructed on the bottle. Run a cycle with this product and that will clean everything out inside your dishwasher including the drain and that should also remove the brown stains.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?