Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a miele coffee system CVA 2662 and keep get fault 73

Customer Question

I have a miele coffee system CVA 2662 and keep get fault 73 that tells me to look at the manual and the manual tells me to follow the prompts on the machine but it gives no prompts. I was descaling it at the time of error and it seems the capsule plate got stuck in place because I can not remove it so can not remove the brewing unit. There is no stuck capsule because I was descaling not brewing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it in 2012 and the m- nr is 07 357 080
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it was an easy fix I was trying to avoid a service call since I am moving.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That error code means the brew unit is jammed and you will need to clear the jam...SEE LINK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I realize the brew unit is jammed however, even after unscrewing everything, powering on and off, shutting break off, I still can not remove the capsule plate to remove the brew unit. How do I get a jammed capsule out. (not there is no jammed capsule as I was descaling the unit when the error occurred not brewing a coffee)

There is no easy way to explain how to get the brew unit out if it is jammed...I can get you the service manual for the unit with pictures if you would like that, but you have to be fairly handy when having a brew unit failure or jam since I can not see what you are seeing to guide you as to what to do exactly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the manual and have tried to remove the brew unit my sole issue is the capsule plate. Do you know how I can un jam or unlock so to speak the "capsule plate" that is locked in place prohibiting me from accessing the brew unit.

This?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No this, if you reference page 47 of the manual it explains how you remove the black capsule plate and replace it with a the red one (shown in the picture). It usually goes in and out with out a problem however it seems to be locked in place preventing me from accessing the brew unit.

Maybe this will help

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.