Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Panasonic microwave oven Model NN SD978 and it s in

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic microwave oven Model NN SD978 and it s in demo mode How do I get out of it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

To remove Demo mode, you just press the Timer/Clock button 4 times quickly and that exits demo mode if the microwave is in demo mode. Now I'm not sure why you think it's in demo mode but unless the display is actually saying demo mode, it's not in demo mode. If the microwave is just not heating but everything else runs like normal, then most likely your magnetron has failed and would need to be replaced. Attached below are the instructions for the demo mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I fixed it myself. I just unplugged it and did the start up prcedures. Please don t charge me
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

ok well good luck. It doesn't sound like it was ever in demo mode then if that worked.