John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model #msd2542veb00. The unit

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model #msd2542veb00. The unit has warmed up and will not cool down. I have changed the setting 1 spot colder and waited 24 hours and stays at 54 degrees. The freezer goes down to 10 above and not any colder. Is the thermostat control panel the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?