John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My Wolf range door is unlevel and is starting to rub against

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My Wolf range door is unlevel and is starting to rub against the left side of the range when it closes. I am looking for some direction on how to adjust the leveling of the door, which appears to be about 3/16 low on the left side.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sure. It is about 10 years old and is the 30 inch gas model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, as long as it in not too complex and/or time consuming.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind, Pearl.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi John. Unfortunately, I can't pull it out right now to look on the back of the range, but I am 95% sure it is a GR304.
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

OK. Let me find the information I need, and I'll get back to you.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Over time, the door hinge rocker arm spring hook slots are worn deeper. The rocker arms, left and right, need to be replaced. The part numbers are DVOR 1910(right), and DVOR 1911(left). The price is $17.50 each. You can buy them at www.dvorsons.com.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks John. Can you point me towards some online information or manual on how to complete the replacement?Thanks again.Christian
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Type the words 'wolf gr304 hinge replacement' into your Google search box.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi John,I have completed the Google search you recommended and have not found anything helpful in determining how to remove the door to replace the rocker arms - only a diagram of the range itself and all parts. Can you direct me to something that actually shows how to approach this repair? Thanks.
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Did you find the youtube video on the replacement procedure?