Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My WHIRLPOOL dishwasher purchased May 2013 completely drains

Customer Question

My WHIRLPOOL dishwasher purchased May 2013 completely drains only if I manually push
the drain indicator several times after the wash is over. My dishwasher is not connected to a garbage disposal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Check to see if the siphon gap is blocked or partially blocked if that is that will happen. That is where the drain line likely connects and is the dome cap next to your sink faucet. Pull that off and pull off the middle cap and check for debri. Let me know what you find.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My husband just checked and could not find a blockage.

OK then remove the drain hose from wherever it is connected and get a five gallon bucket and see if it drains fast and steady into that. If it does not you need to check the drain hose and inner sump for blockages if it does check the port where the drain connects for blockages.