Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My quiet series 100 panel is acting up. Only the light wash

Customer Question

My quiet series 100 panel is acting up. Only the light wash comes on. I can get some wash options to light also but the start button won't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately your control lock isn't engaged if the light wash indicator light still comes on and some options work sporadically. This is a just a common failure with Maytag dishwashers where the touch control panel itself has failed. This is not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say. The entire plastic touch control panel at the top of the door would need to be ordered and replaced and it usually costs about $130 or so for the part depending on the exact model number. The full model is located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm skilled in CNC machine control repair. Is this something I could do. Could you provide a diagram if I get you the number. Is there a part number and a website I can order from?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

You can order the part from Searspartsdirect.com but you'd need the full model number to look up the part number.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?