John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag SE1000 that does not fill with water.

Customer Question

We have a Maytag SE1000 that does not fill with water. sometimes you can hit the start button and after about 5 minutes or so you will hear the solenoids click and then it starts to fill and will work until it gets to the rinse cycle. Then it sits again. I have checked hoses/scrceen for debris.,theyare clean. It is not selective, meaning neither cold or hot water is allowed. Then when it works you can selecct either and the solenoids function to select either hot or cold. I'm thinking maybe transformer? Unit sat for a week while on vacation, came home to this problem.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is an SE1000, aprox 1986. Stack model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: preliminary troubleshooting, yes.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel are you available