John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Our GE Profile lower freezer refrigerator's ice maker filled

Customer Question

Our GE Profile lower freezer refrigerator's ice maker filled the ice tray with 3" of now frozen water..we called service and they had us do a 1 hour power off reset...plugged back in and three hours later nothing has happened. The ice maker and water in the door works fine...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: One year old, PFE28RSHHSS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: WE deiced things as best we could...anything more looks like it will require taking out both lower trays and possibly the lower door...we have a maint contract thru Home Depot..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Should I worry about the unit refilling the ice tray with water again or should I leave it out until the service guys get here in two weeks....
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Appliance Technician will figure it out. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 3 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel are you available