bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I just bought a new Bosch dishwasher mountain cabin that we

Customer Question

I just bought a new Bosch dishwasher for a mountain cabin that we don't leave the heat on when we are not there. Our old dishwasher had the water supply valve at the front but this is at the back. We always disconnect the water line on the old one to keep from breaking the valve in cold weather. Is that necessary on this one. I can easily shut of water but cannot unhook at back of unit without removing from cabinet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi Neil - where is the other end of the dishwasher (ie not the pipe that connects onto the back of the appliance but the other end of this pipe) supply pipe connected ~ is it behind the appliance or under the sink?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Under the sink. About 5 ft
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK you can do it this way, when you close up disconnect the pipe under the sind and drain it off, then in theory there is no water in the system to freeze.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wanted to put a tee and a 1/4 ball valve that after we shut off water supply we could drain at washer valve (the lowest point) but new dishwasher water connection is at back.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but connection to water under sink is higher than connection at dishwashers
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Can you not lower the pipe under the sink to the floor?, other wise you will have to do a daisy chain connection, get a 3/4" T (with one female and two male connectors -- like this -https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=brass+3/4+y+piece&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&imgil=IueHGI2cB1guOM%253A%253BKFiws4RpPBshmM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.amazon.co.uk%25252FWassertechnik-571339-Brass-Y-Piece-inch%25252Fdp%25252FB001051NG4&source=iu&pf=m&fir=IueHGI2cB1guOM%253A%252CKFiws4RpPBshmM%252C_&usg=__sx7gFxcj7SXSVDaBI7RRdvA6qho%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjRr8em7unNAhVHHxoKHUEUDaEQyjcIcQ&ei=9cCCV5HhHce-aMGotIgK#imgrc=IueHGI2cB1guOM%3A) connect that to the back of the dishwasher and then connect the hose from the sink to the dishwasher then other side of the T connects to the washing machine supply hose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about the water in the pump?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Nothing you can do about that there is no drain off for a dishwasher pump, however I have never seen a dishwasher pump freeze up because it is connected to rubber pipes that can expand whereas the plastic inlet valve casing can't.