Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I need to light the pilot light on a kenmore gas range model

Customer Question

I need to light the pilot light on a kenmore gas range model 790
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

There is no pilot on this unit this is all ignitor lit with a glow style ignitor so if it is not lighting you likely have a burned out ignitor. Here is a link to the ignitor.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The oven works but the burners are clicking and not lighting

Ok if you can light them with a lighter then check and maker sure all burner orifices are clean and see if the electrodes are in good shape and not cracked anywhere. If all of them do not light you either have a really dirty burner top or broken electrodes or a bad spark module. Check those things out and see.