Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Do all French door refrigerators with the freezer on the

Customer Question

Do all French door refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom perform badly or is it just Samsung? We have a Samsung that does not keep food at a proper temp...even our pitcher of water is just tepid. Food spoils constantly. There is a problem with condensation in the form of a half inch of water under the two veg bins. Are all refrigerators of this style a problem or did I buy a lemon. A technician who came to "fix" our problem said they all have this problem. He's the one who told me to defrost it to make it work more efficiently.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The Samsung units in my opinion are all garbage. They have so many issues with their products it is crazy. I would suggest selling the one you have on Craigslist and invest in a better product. LG is far better than Samsung or a Whirlpool product is fine as well.

The issue you are having is common the drain is clogged for the evaporator and the temp issue is a MICOM controller issue which they have had a ton of issues with. I would not advise spending any money on this and sell it while you can.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!