Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Model # KDS20 detergent dispenser

Customer Question

my Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Model # ***** detergent dispenser (right side) does not always open. The left side door is spring loaded the right side is not. Is there something wrong or can I be putting my detergent in to soon.
Thank you for your advise
Leo Louridas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The right side should be spring loaded as well which would explain why it's not opening anymore. The unit is quite old but they still make a few parts for this dishwasher. The dispenser comes in parts, but the part you'd need is the main dispenser flap assembly which is about $100 if you wanted to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'd want to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?