Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We are not getting any error codes when our fefriderator is

Customer Question

We are not getting any error codes when our fefriderator is on. Both the freezer and fridge both don't cool. Model rf23htedbsr/aa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If neither side is cooling, pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the big black round compressor running? If you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing is running neither fan nor compressor.they are room temperature

If nothing at all is running and you're not getting an error on your display, then your main control board is just bad and would need to be replaced. That is the only thing that would stop all fans and the compressor from running. The control board would need to be replaced to fix your current refrigerator or if they are just going to replace it then you can wait for them to replace the entire unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?