Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Control lock is on and end of cycle button will not release

Customer Question

Control lock is on and end of cycle button will not release it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If pressing and holding the end of cycle signal button in the bottom right hand corner of your control panel won't remove the control lock, unplug the dryer for at least 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, then unfortunately this means your front interface display control board has just failed and would need to be replaced, there is no way around that. The part is usually about $250 or so depending on the exact model.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?