Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I get an fse1 error code after using my oven to bake (not

Customer Question

i get an fse1 error code after using my oven to bake (not self clean). error code comes up any where from 2 to 4 hours after I've turned the oven off !
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's about 10 years old.....whirlpool model #rf367lxsy0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: guess that would depend on what it takes to fix it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

This error you're getting for your model number is ***** watchdog error. That means that your display control board has detected an internal short in the display board itself so it will need to be ordered and replaced. Usually it will appear when the oven heats or is cooling down to start with but as time goes on it'll just randomly appear and may never reset and turn off. The display board just needs to be replaced to get it working like normal again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.