George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

Have a LG LDS4821BB dishwasher and it is stuck in the drain

Customer Question

Have a LG LDS4821BB dishwasher and it is stuck in the drain cycle. only thing to stop it is to turn off breaker.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approx 5 years and that is the model# ***** the unit.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can turn the panel off with the power button and select a new wash cycle and the display lights up with the minutes left to run but the pump keeps running and the new wash cycle does not start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 4 months ago.

This is usually caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance... Either a leak or an overflow has occurred and this has triggered the Anti-Flood System.
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the power socket.
Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to expel any waters from the base.
If the problem happens again thereafter then you'll need to remove the right-hand side panel to investigate for leaks.
If there is no water to be found in the base, check the switch at the top of the Anti-Flood System's float.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
tilted it back and there was no water. where is this anti flood systems float located?

I can't see it on the diagram, but usually found in the base of the appliance