Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our Frigidaire refrigerator seems to not be working. It

Customer Question

Our Frigidaire refrigerator seems to not be working. It shows high temp for the refrigerator compartment and 16 degrees for the freezer. When I try to sent it back to the default settings, it only lasts about 15 seconds.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: four years old approxmately... I'll get the model right back
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model: FGHN2844LE6. We will do the work if it is minor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also discovered about four inches of solid ice in the back of the freezer compartment covering what appears to be vents.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The frost on the back will need to be totally thawed to restore cooling. Open the doors and unplug it for at least 24 hours to allow a complete thaw.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

If the frost returns, you have a faulty component in the defrost circuit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I mistakenly submitted a payment via paypal. Please cancel my charge and ignore my question. Too may pages open at the same time.