Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Had a fire/ smoke inside microwave. Orange film formed in

Customer Question

Had a fire/ smoke inside microwave. Orange film formed in side Cleaned with soap and water.
Putrid smell still is permeating
air from microwave. Working, but smell giving me headache.
Is there a filter I need to replace or what can I do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The odor will eventually dissipate but has gotten into all cavities, including the magnetron antenna area that you cannot access to clean. You will pretty much just need to allow time to pass for the odor to go away. There are no filters beyond the ones by the lights on the bottom of the appliance.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!