Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The only touch pad that responds is the cancel drain pad.

Customer Question

Hi, the only touch pad that responds is the cancel drain pad. All other lowlights are out and don't respond.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I believe it was new in 1997, that's when the house was renovated but the kitchen might be newer. It is a ken more elite, no model # ***** the door, I'm looking for the manual.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, if it's beyond pushing some buttons I'm afraid I could mess something up and cause to replace. The front panel matches the cabinats.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure I understand the question.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but just as one other occasion when it did the same thing, we let it sit for an hour then tried again it started. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

If it happens again, moisture is getting in between the pads.

Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic.