Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool trash compactor with the ram stuck in the

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool trash compactor with the ram stuck in the down position. the door won't open more than an inch. I have removed the bottom panel and tried to turn the gear. It won't budge. What can I do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the main gear is not turning, you likely have something stuck in the cabinet obstructing the ram or the motor is faulty. Had it been acting up right before it failed completely or just this one time?