Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Having trouble with a kitchen aid microwave. Inside light is

Customer Question

having trouble with a kitchen aid microwave. Inside light is staying on . when I put a time on to microwave, it makes a beep beep noise but nothing happens. It seems like something imight be wrong with the door but it is closing fine and I made sure that there is no buildup around the edges. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You have a faulty door switch. The door switches are accessed by pulling the control panel down if mounted above the range or removing the outer cabinet if a counter top model.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?