Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a whirlpool front load clothes dryer (circa 2003). It

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool front load clothes dryer (circa 2003). It gives me a 3E error. I changed out the dryer fuse and still have the same error popping up. The power is on but the dryer wont run.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a 2003
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: GE W9200LW1
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
GE W9200LW1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MOD: GE W9200LW1
SER: MP3230126
TYPE: DADT-ELE-(###) ###-####– EL54
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The basic problem concerns water levels. Inspect the water faucets to make sure they're no leaking, and filling the tub, when the washer is off. Check the drain hose and the drain pump assembly for debris accumulation. Remove any debris you find there. If cleaning everything doesn't solve the problem, please let me know, and we will pursue other solutions.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will you respond to this page or my email?
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

You can use this page to contact me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can honestly say I'm not impressed. I'm working w/ a dryer not a washer. The dryer has nothing to do w/ water and you obviously didn't even read my info/ question. Typical help desk... Disappointing.
I hope you don't charge me for the less than helpful response.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

My apology. I misread the original message. The problem is most likely with the door lock assembly. Please listen carefully, while you open and close the door, for a switch click. If you don't hear a click, the door lock will need to be replaced. If this is the case, please let me know, and I'll send you the part number and price.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That display has nothing to do with the door switch. That error should only display during a diagnostic cycle and is a message that there is an issue with the electronics. See the attached page. Will it go into a diagnostic cycle?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.