Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a ge dishwasher from Lowes, that is about 7 months

Customer Question

we have a ge dishwasher from Lowes, that is about 7 months old. We don't have a clue where the paper work is. The Code IH comes up on the top of it after you put in the cycle buttons and it doesn't nothing We have no books are paperwork on the dishwasher but it was about 750.00 which included installation and delivery. There's a GE Model #GDT580SSF8SS. I've actually called it a GDT this morning, so, we push start after my wife set it, and it defaults to the code IH and does nothing. It may have some warranty on it, but knowing Lowes, we're screwed. Hope you can help. let us known
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The 1H indicates that you have set it on a delayed wash and in one hour it will start. Turn the breaker off for a few minutes and it should reset or wait an hour and it will start and resume normal operation after the programmed cycle.