Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The rubber ring on my washer is getting clogged and a bit

Customer Question

The rubber ring on my washer is getting clogged and a bit moldy. Is there something wrong with the machine (that causes this to happen) or do I just need to replace the ring? Or ... both?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. You can clean your gasket by using a bleach/water mixture and rubbing it with a rag, but the mold stains will still visually stay on the gasket even though it is disinfected. If you wanted it to look like new again, you'd have to replace the seal. Now that being said, this is a very common issue for all front load washers because when you close the door it creates a humid environment inside. It's just a downfall of front load washers since the door does need to seal up unlike a top load washer. To avoid this issue from occurring in the future, just leave the door resting closed when not in use. Don't click the door all the way shut so that it has an air gap where it can breath and not create such a humid environment inside when not in use.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?