Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool Duet approximately 8 to 10 years old it

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet approximately 8 to 10 years old it does not have a display window so finding out the code seems to be difficult I believe fi e1 the washing machine will run a half cycle and then locks up in the washer machine light flashes I did install a new pope the Old Pub had water in the motor so I assumed that was the problem but that is not the problem I can start it up it agitates and washing the clothes for approximately 5 minutes and then when it wants to go to its next cycle it freezes up Please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

F1 E1 means that your main CCU control board is shorted. There is nothing you can do but replace the CCU to fix that issue. Usually a power surge causes this issue so if water got inside the pump motor, that would definitely have caused the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about how about if I clean the relays on the circuit board a lot of times I get carbon up after a short and usually it ends up where the relay sticks or gets carbonara Onnit and you wouldn't happen to have or know the cost of a new central control board with you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You can certainly try, but usually the error just means it's shorted and needs to be replaced. As for the cost of the new control board, it depends on the exact model number but it's usually about $250-300.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I visually inspected the circuit board and seen no resistors Source other spreads burnt on the circuit board so that's why I was assuming maybe that it may be in the relay itself being carved up to where it's not making a connection in creating that code
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

as I mentioned before, the board just needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?