Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Admiral washing machine model # ATW4676BQ1 made 1 o2

Customer Question

My Admiral washing machine model # ***** made 1 o2 banging noises. I turned it off, looked inside and saw that it did not drain. I turned the basin by hand clockwise and it makes a fairly loud clicking noise. I turned it counter clockwise and it was quiet. I removed the back and I see nothing apparently broken. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The noise is probably from the tub hitting the cabinet because it is coming out of balance from having water not draining. In the diagram, the drain pump is shown as number 1. Can you remove the rear access panel and drain the water and inspect that pump for obstructions?