Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Maytag, front loading washing machine. The booklet

Customer Question

I have a Maytag, front loading washing machine. The booklet says it is a WQ10649235A or possibly a -SP model. It works great. Today though, we are having some work done in the cellar where the machine is and the men had to disconnect the hoses for a while to get to the wall where the spigots are. They reconnected the hoses but did not turn the water back on. I didn't know this and put laundry in and then left it. When I came back there was an error on the display which said either F8 followed by E1 or F9 followed by El. Before looking at the manual I turned off the machine and unplugged it. Then I called the workmen on the phone and they said to be sure the water was turned on. I did that but it still didn't start. When it is plugged in it makes a machine noise but NONW of the lights go on except the one that says the door is locked. If I push start nothing happens. The men did not touch the drain hose but I did check to be sure it is in place. I can't open the door even when it is unplugged. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That means the unit is not detecting water entering the machine, someone may have shut the water off to it. Once you get it back on leave the machine on and let it sit for about 15 minutes on and it all should reset and you should be able to use it again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!