Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

How do I turn off the demo mode on my Kenmore Elite Freezer

Customer Question

How do I turn off the demo mode on my Kenmore Elite Freezer model# *****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 14 months old, and the above model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Why do you think it is in DEMO mode?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it says demo on the control panel. the lights work but the freezer is not cooling. Kenmore says it is in demo mode

Ok great,Press and hold the SET and PLUS key for 5 seconds to take it out of DEMO mode.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the plus key?

The Temp up key

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry to say the Kenmore technical agent told me how to do it before you got back to me. I applied his solution and it worked. He said to simultaneously press and hold the temperature up key and set key for approximately 6 seconds. The unit would beep and the compressor would turn on. I was curious about what you called the plus key. Someone on-line called the plus key.

Yes the plus key temperature up key. It is the plus key as it is what increases the temperature.

When you replied it "what is the plus key?" I sent you a response right away clarifying it within seconds that you had viewed so now I think you likely just do not want to credit me for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was just looking for the way to credit you without being ripped off. The initial answer you gave me was correct but I didn't understand your label for the temperature increase button. AJ from Sears had already given me the correct answer, and I had already successfully started the freezer. I asked for clarification from you because Scott D. From gave the exact same answer. Now, how do I pay you for your time? Please be polite. ��

I am sorry it has just been a long day, if you want to use the star rating system to credit me that is fine.