John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My ice bucket to my French door Samsung is stuck solid. I

Customer Question

My ice bucket to my French door Samsung is stuck solid. I can't move it at all . What can I do??
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I purchased it in 2013 Model # ***** W 65143Bd800643K
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I called Samsung and they gave me a real hard time . I had purchased a extended Samsung Protection Plus plan that cost $726.62 and said they would not send someone out B/c I should go on google and fix it myself. And if they did send someone out it would cost me a service charge b/c nothing is really wrong ????? I can't get the ice maker out!!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just want it fixed and I am not having any luck getting it out myself.....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

The safest way to free it is to pour hot water in it. A quicker method is to use a hair dryer to melt the ice.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.