Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag oven dashboard lights are not coming on. I have

Customer Question

my maytag oven dashboard lights are not coming on. I have checked fuse box and all is good there.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not certain it is about 10 years old. I think something shorted out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the oven was not lighting so I pulled it out to look in back to see if something got disconnected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Based on the age of the unit and that issue the control board is likely shorted out and bad. That is fixable and you can order a new clock control for the unit from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model tag off the unit. That should fix that whole issue. Just double check that power to the unit is good, but other than that you likely will want to order a control board for it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!