Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a rental, guest says GE washer won't start, delay

Customer Question

I have a rental, guest says GE washer won't start, delay button is lit for 8 hours. any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The book is there but he can't find it. It is a stackable about six years old purchased at Home Depot. Would the model number be on the washer?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No he is out of town but I could have him call or have you call him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

It is on a delay start mode, you should be able to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and it should work normally again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have already tried unplugging unit but that did not fix problem.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there?

Yes do you have the complete model number?