Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My microwave has the SE CODE on. If we Oder this part can we

Customer Question

My microwave has the SE CODE on. If we Oder this part can we install it ourselves.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started last night. Read online it is. Mormon
JA: Have you tried power cycling it -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes I have. It is running fine. Set the clock works for a while then starts to beep and the SE CODE comes up.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Was wondering if it is possible to do it yourself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Looks like your just replacing the board.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Yes the SE code means the touchpad is bad on the unit, you can order it from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model number off the unit. That will get that fixed for you and happens all the time!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!