Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE profile refrigerator Model pps25ngnabb. Cannot

Customer Question

I have a GE profile refrigerator Model pps25ngnabb. Cannot set temp. If I push any button,both sides show 000 for about t 3 sec. And beeps maybe three times
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You'll want to check the wire connection that runs through the door and make sure the pins are not corroded in the actual connection that runs through the hinge. If that all checks good, then your display board itself has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the part #of the display bard
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Sure thing. The part number is *****

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Waiting on a part I have ordered.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Received new display board and installed. Still same problem as stated above.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It sounds like the main board you installed may have issues. Or, you may have a wiring issue that you are not seeing.

1. Is the wiring at the door connector in good condition and the pins secure in the connector?
  2. Is the wiring at the board intact with no visible issues?
  3. Did you install a new main control or a rebuilt one?
  4. Is it still cooling fine, in spite of the issues at the display?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The freezer is running around -5. The food section is running from 25-30. The main control is new.all wiring looks o.k.The temp display will show 000 on both sides for about 3 sec. And beep 4 times, then go to dark. This happens every time I PUSH A BUTTON .
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

There is an issue with the main control somewhere. Did you replace it with a new one or a reconditioned one? What part number did you replace?