Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a frigidaire professional refrigerator 'and my ice

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire professional refrigerator 'and my ice maker does not dispense ice. It makes ice perfectly and the water dispenses. The flap opens but the auger does not move or make any sound when trying to dispense ice. We have changed the power control board 3 times and each one does not work. No power to the refrigerator at all...nothing not even a light. I'm guessing that I keep getting the wrong part as my refrigerator is made in Mexico... Help!
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yep no luck
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What also happens is the temperature controls for the fridge and freezer go bezerk and I have to force defrost
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Have you checked to see if you have power to the auger motor with a meter, the auger motor could be bad. If not I have run into the same issue with a dead new board. Frigidaire says you need to also replace the dispenser board because the two do not communicate so I would try a new dispenser board in combination with the power board if the auger motor is good.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning and thanks for your response. The auger motor is getting power. Could you send me the part# ***** the dispenser board? Would it matter if it's made in the US, Canada or Mexico?

Ok if the auger motor is getting power and not running you need to replace the auger motor not the dispenser board.