Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need a magnetron ge microwave model number je1540wv002.can

Customer Question

I need a magnetron for a ge microwave model number je1540wv002.can you give me the part number and where I can purchase one?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20 years. Model number je1540vw002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Also the transformer for this model.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and welcome to JustAnswer. The part number is ***** This retails for $230 but you can use this number on eBay and get one much cheaper. Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I see you requested a new answer. The part number Dave gave you is correct, but it's really expensive. There is a universal magnetron that works in place of this one and it costs about $40. The part number is 10QBP0230 and you can order it in the link below.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.