Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I changed the (in-door) ice maker in this Samsung fridge

Customer Question

I changed the (in-door) ice maker in this Samsung fridge because it just quit making ice... The tests which dumped water into the ice maker and everything looked good but it only made one or two trays of ice ... same symptoms as the old one
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is it filling with water and are the freezer temps good?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The old ice maker would fill 5 out of 7 cubes then omy harvest once ... the new ice maker seems to fI'll 5 out 7 cubes and continues to harvest but only once every 4 hours or so even though temps are around 0 degrees

It sounds like a defective sensor on the icemaker causing that issue, try to turn the temps down in the freezer to -3 and see if it makes them any faster.