John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a kenmore stacked (stackable?) w/d. Does it separate?

Customer Question

Hi I have a kenmore stacked (stackable?) w/d. Does it separate for service?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 417.94872302
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No but I wish to take it to a repair shop and thought it would be easier to transport apart. I have a truck so that's not a problem. The top seal of the washer is leaking while on spin cycle.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I could get the right side loose ( facing the unit ) by taking out two screws inside from the back but I don't see how to get to the screws on the left side. I also can take off the L brackets on the back. What else is there?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the issue?