Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Tyler i have few question see if you can help me please i

Hi there tyler i have few question see if you can help me please i have this ge fridge with board on back you know well my question is how can i determinate if my fridge is low on freon because the compresor work good my fan everything work in fridge but the reading on my metter on back cable going to the compresor is 0.60 will the say the refrigerator is out freon how can determinated my fridge is out freon what should be reading on my metter to be out freon ??

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Check and see if the compressor and fan next to the compressor are running first, if both are remove the rear panel inside the freezer section and check the frost pattern on the evaporator all of the coil should be frosty in appearance, if only part is and the rest is bare aluminum you have freon leak.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!