Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I remove the top to clean inside of th bertozzoni

Customer Question

How do I remove the top to clean inside of th bertozzoni cooktop
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

On most models it is quite an involved process involving removal of gas lines and burner connections. It is not typically recommended this be done as routine cleaning as the likelihood of leaks is pretty high.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Kelly... the model number is ***** 500X. We had soup spill over. We removed all of the burners and cleaned. All burners work now except the small burner on the 2-burner (middle) burners.I hear the click for ignition but it does not light.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Will it light with a match? That model is not one that you are going to want to attempt to totally disassemble for cleaning unless absolutely necessary. It will require removal from the cabinet to complete.