Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My microwave have on screen code F-3. Not working it is

Customer Question

My microwave have on screen code
Not working it is combo oven bottom + microwave on top
Model: J KP90WOM1WW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is an OPEN OVEN SENSOR code meaning the board is reading the oven temperature sensor is reading above 2900 ohms. I would check the resistance on the temperature sensor and then replace it if it is out of range over 2900 ohms....if it is only 1100 ohms then check the wiring to the sensor and if that is good change out the oven control.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!