Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Electrolux EIDW 6105 GS1 all lights on; bad odor, dishes not

Customer Question

Electrolux EIDW 6105 GS1 all lights on; bad odor, dishes not clean; appears that the water does not come on, grinding noise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: EIDW 6105 GS1; 5-6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If not too technical
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I suspect a pump problem not filling the tub correctly, or at all. The soap was not dissolved this last cycle. Looked as if no water was used
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Check for power to the fill valve, if it does not fill you will hear the pump come on and it will sound like grinding. If you have power to the fill valve replace that as it is bad and is a common issue on that unit. You can order one from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model and that is the valve where the water connects to the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!