Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Ice machine making clumps instead of cubes

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You will need to replace the icemaker when that happens, the sensor has gone bad or broken off the bottom of the icemaker causing the unit to harvest too early. That will cause clumping on the unit and is an extremely common issue. You can go to SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM and order a new icemaker assembly to get it fixed.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that was not the problem,found the answer on Facebook sensor came out of holder and was hanging freely. I bought new holder and replaced it. Now working fine

The sensor was the issue and without any model listed nor a reply back I am not sure what you expected, thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I would make sure the wiring is out of the way and not sloping to hit the ice as it turns, that is usually why the sensor comes unattached.