Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My ice maker stopped working on my 14 year old Kitchen Aid

Customer Question

My ice maker stopped working on my 14 year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator. Water just started coming out of the ice maker all over my kitchen floor. How do I turn the water off until Sears can come?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You need to follow the line that goes to the unit to the source, generally this is either under your kitchen sink to a saddle valve or it may go to the basement to a valve attached to the cold water line there....this is what you would look for.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!