Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE dryer, model GTDP301EL1WS It will not start in

Customer Question

I have a GE dryer, model GTDP301EL1WS
It will not start in any when the control timer is in any position.
I checked both poles on the 220 plug where it is attached to dryer and have power on both of them.
I have power to the red wire that goes to the control timer, but no power coming out of it on any of the other wires no matter what position the controller is in.
Do you think the control timer is bad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike G replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I suggest not just testing phase to phase, you need to test phase to neutral. The controls are 120V and would not work if you lost a neutral. Let me know what you find. If you have a good neutral, I'll refer thequestion to an appliance expert if electrical supply is as it should be.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tested phase to neutral and they are good.
Expert:  Mike G replied 3 months ago.

OK, stand by and I'll opt out and refer this to an appliance expert.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If you have power to the timer yet it is not starting, you likely have a door switch open or the thermal fuse (number 507 in the diagram at the link below) is open. Are you able to open the cabinet to measure its resistance?