Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Electrolux refrigerator with french doors and the

Customer Question

Hi! I have an Electrolux refrigerator with french doors and the water/ice dispenser on the outside of the freezer is STUCK in the on position and won't stop either dispensing ice or spitting out water.The only way we know how to stop it is to turn the fridge all the way off and I don't want my food to go bad! help!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: since lat night...we thought when we stopped it we just turned off the exterior dispenser but when i went to grab something out of the fridge this morning i realized the whole fridge had been turned off!
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: im a renter so i am not sure...where would it say the make and model?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping for a quick fix as I am already late for work, haha!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it seems newer, maybe 5 years old?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: or less?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It sounds like the main electronic control has failed. That control is likely mounted under the cabinet in the front, depending on the model. The model tag is in the fresh food section usually on the side wall up high or on the ceiling.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?