Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a Garland Master 470 that will not turn on. When

Customer Question

We have a Garland Master 470 that will not turn on. When power is applied the panel says "Init" and then "Off" but the On/Off button does not turn the oven to "On".
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The erratic display and lack of function leads me to believe the electronic control is malfunctioning. Turn the breaker off for a few hours to reset the control. Does the behavior change?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Garland is the manufacturer and Master 470 is the model.
The oven was purchased used and we set it up and was working fine. Then we disconnect the oven and is sat for a couple years in a controlled environment. Then recently we reconnected the oven and it would not start.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry, I have no information on that model. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case they have anything on it.