Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an old GE oven and range with a bent shaft of a

Customer Question

I have an old GE oven and range with a bent shaft of a control knob. I would like to replace the shaft. I cannot find a model number or a serial number on the appliance itself. A multifold sheet of "instructions" lists the appliance as "30" FREE STANDING SELF-CLEAN." Is it possible to (a) identify my appliance closely enough to order a replacement shaft and to (b) order that replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The shaft is part of the control and you would have to order and replace the control. Most GE controls have the part number of them so if you can get the control out you should be able to find the part number on it to order, you can not get just the shaft by itself.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!